Starting Block Business Consultants takes a methodical approach to business, innovation and new ventures. We do not subscribe to any particular business methodology or system, many of which can be found with a quick internet search. However, our approach is broadly aligned with “DMAIC” which has been incorporated into a number of management systems. DMAIC is an acronym for Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control.
In our experience Australian SME businesses do well in the Define, Analyse and Control aspects of business but can struggle with the Measure and Improve aspects. Further, at times business people can be too focused on making a product or service perfect prior to launch. This increases development costs, delays the launch and revenue generation of that product, and gives competitors the opportunity to get to market first.
Our key competencies include our:
- ambition to push businesses to do new things and achieve results;
- analytical approach;
- ability to think strategically and act tactically;
- ability to work within a business or act as an external advisor;
- ability to dissect the most complicated problems into measurable, controllable pieces;
- context specific and systematic application of relevant business management processes;
- focus on managing your new knowledge, and facilitating access to it.
We want to help your business be the best that it can be. If you would like to discuss what we can do for your business, please contact us.